Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Long Time, No Blog

Hi Everyone!

I know it has been a very long time since we blogged!  I had every intention of adding a Disneyland Post IMMEDIATELY after the Christmas in May? Post, but it just didn't happen.  Sorry about that!

Life gets busy!  Also, as we go on I do wonder about having this blog out there in the world for everyone to see. The kids are growing and getting older, and maybe it's getting less appropriate for me to share their lives so extensively? Or maybe not. I don't know.  In any case, do anticipate fewer blog posts from us, though I will try to share our Disney experience with you in the next few days.

For now I will tide you over with a few pictures from Cygni's birthday last weekend:

C went for a Sonic The Hedgehog themed party this year!
Can you believe she is 6?! 


In an effort to scale back parties, we limited invitees to the kids in the neighbourhood, 
plus Bella and Nolan, but there still is a dozen of them! 
Pizza and cake were followed by a show at the cheap theater "The My Little Pony Movie"



She finally got the Hatchimal she has been dying for, courtesy of her cousin
And a new bike from Mom, Dad & Jordy


Thanks to everyone who sent cards and gifts, it was a busy day, but lots of fun

There are updates to the "Growing Kids!" sidebar, if family members are considering clothing purchases.  Also, I know Christmas is coming, and some of you might be wondering about gifts.  This goes for birthdays and holidays, from here on out: please, NO TOYS. The kids have plenty of toys and Chris and I have some toy ideas already for Christmas. Cygni's wardrobe is chock full and she has everything she really needs, with the possible exception of easy-on snow boots.  Jordy has tons of shirts, but could use an extra hoody or two, and he always needs pants. When I was in Eugene this summer, I found JCPenney's HUSKY boys MEDIUM Joggers are perfect for him.  He loves anything Camo print.  But other than toys, please consider *experiences* over things. Nothing lasts quite like happy childhood memories!

I recommend gift certificates to The Carousel Theatre for Young People
or support the kids' out of school activities like art classes, skating or swimming, reach out and ask us how.


No comments: