Saturday, June 26, 2010

That's Refreshing!

Last Thursday, Brightstart held it's end of year picnic for all the kids and families, so I took the day off and Jordan and I went to Queen's Park in New Westminster to check it out. There was a lot of delicious food, and fun stuff to do. There was a petting zoo, bubbles, face painting and even a play performed in the bandshell. I got to meet some of the other Mommies of kids in Jordan's group so that was pretty nice for me! Jordan got to see some of his favourite caregivers, get his face painted, and play in the park. And we both ate lots of yummy treats. I meant to let him meet some animals in the petting zoo too, but by the time I had an opportunity, he was melting down and ready to go home. It was a fun afternoon though! A short list of the characteristics I heard used to describe Jordy were: boyfriend (several of his day care ladies used this word,) happy, handsome and heart-throb.

Here he is playing boyfriend to Miss Dana, note the cracker in his pocket. Being a heart-throb can really work up a guy's appetite, I guess.

Mommy let him have a cookie with blue frosting, you can't see it in the photo, but his whole chin was blue.

Giggling while Miss Ronnie painted his cheek - it's ticklish!


Having fun on the swings, sporting a painted cheek and still clutching that cookie!

We've been practicing walking with Jordan all week, Jordan has surprised us a few times by standing without support for several seconds. Daddy seems to think he will be tooling around on his own in a couple of weeks. I think a month may be more reasonable. Or perhaps I am in denial... you be the judge:








I was hoping to have one more fabulous photo for you today, his underwater "torpedo" picture from his Water Babies swim class. Today was the last day of class, and Lisa gave out report cards with photos, but alas both the Big and Little Dumers were suffering from cold congestion, so they had to skip class. I am hoping to duck in sometime tomorrow perhaps and pick up the report card. I am dying to see the photo. If it's even halfway decent I'll be sure to scan it and post it for you all to see.

And the last sign of the week needs to be shared, this week it's "outside," a perfect one for summer playtime!

http://c0445781.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/15Outside.m4v


I do have one final treat for you, I've entitled the video below "Refreshing!" I think you can figure out why:



No comments: